Aeronautics engineering provides jobs in industries, defence manufacturing factories, Department of Defence and , ISRO and even in NASA. Aeronautical engineers also have a good demand in airlines, aircraft manufacturing units, air turbine production plants, missiles designing centres, etc. The survey of ‘Occupational Information Network Online’ expects more than 25,000 new jobs by 2014 in the field.
Engineering graduates with management degrees get a starting salary of Rs.30,000 to Rs.60,000 per month plus perks. Starting salaries for an aeronautical engineer in USA get $40,000- $65,000 per annum.
Diploma, degree (B.E/B.Tech.)/post-graduation (M.E./M.Tech)/Doctorate (Ph.D) in Aeronautics is essential. The graduation and post-graduation from Institutes of Technology (IITs) is highly preferred in a job market. Employers also prefer a bachelor's degree with mathematics and science. A degree from aeronautical engineering that is acrrediated by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is essential.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Mathematical precision.
- Design skills.
- Computer skills.
- Good communication skill.
- Good planning ability and a knack for working under pressure.
- Physically fitness (essential to work at great speed especially in checking and maintenance of aircrafts).
- Good manual, technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to unite scientific discoveries with commercial applications to solve the problems.