Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Career opportunities

Career test

If you record “Yes” for maximum questions then it indicates that you have potential for perusing career in the field of Aeronautical engineering. 
  • Do I have Good problem-solving ability? 
  • Do I have mathematical precision? 
  • Do I have design skills? 
  • Do I have computer skills? 
  • Do I have good communication skills? 
  • Do I have good planning ability and a knack for working under pressure? 
  • Am I physically fit? 
  • Do I have good manual, technical as well as mechanical aptitude? 
  • Do I have ability to unite scientific discoveries with commercial applications to solve the problems? 
  • Do I have a good background of physics, electronics and engineering? 
  • Am I open minded to implement new ideas? 
  • Do I have enquiring and scientific bent of mind? 
  • Have I taken adequate laboratory training for expert handling of advanced equipment? 
  • Do I have sound analytical skills and a natural propensity for research work? 
  • Am I a disciplined person? 
  • Do I prepare a written plan before doing any practical? 
  • Do I have analysing and interpreting skills? 
  • Do I read latest scientific news, books and research magazines? 
  • Do I have a creative mind and deep thinking? 
  • Am I ready to learn and adopt new techniques? 
  • Do I have ability to work hard?

Career opportunities

  • Government Airlines.
  • Aircraft comapanies and missile manufacturing factories.
  • Government  Research and Development institutesviz. ISRO, Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd, Defense Research and Development Laboratories, National Aeronautical Lab, Aeronautical Development Establishment, etc. 
  • Private airlines viz. Kingfisher, Jet Airways, and many more. 
  • NASA as engineers and Technical Professionals.
Careers in ISRO and NASA: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is one of the most premium institutes in India. ISRO involves in designing and launching satellites, space applications, satellite communications, remote sensing, meteorology and oceanography. ISRO provides best growth opportunities in the form of on-the-job training, fellowships and hi-tech atmosphere, etc. to aeronautical engineers to develop unique skills. Moreover, on-the-job training is to encourage fresh graduates to join this fascinating field. These research programmes would help those who are preparing for a doctorate degree.  www.isro.org

National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the world's top most space research organization, NASA. There are many opportunities for those who are willing to shape their career abroad and have immense interest hi space exploration programmes. In fact, as much as 36% of NASA's employees are of Indian origin. Aeronautical engineers get opportunities to work as astronauts at NASA. www.nasa.gov

Job options

  • Design engineer (Aero structure)
  • Aerospace Engineer
  • Test Engineer
  • Structural Design Engineer
  • Associate Engineer
  • Assistant/Associate/Professor (Aeronautical Engineering)

Employers

  • Airlines: Public and private airlines as well  Helicopter Corporation of India and flying clubs provide jobs. 
  • Aircraft Manufacturing companies.  
  • Military and Defence Department.
  • Aeronautic Companies
  • Consultancies
  • Space Equipment and Aircraft Design organization: NASA, ISRO, NAL, HAL etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ad code

Featured Post

Employment News This Week

Organization Name Name of The Posts Last Date Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited  – 60 Apprentice...