Textile engineering is a field of study that revolves around the design and control of the processes of textile manufacturing. It has gained popularity as a career option of late, as Textile industries are playing a considerable role in the country’s economy. In India, thousands of textile mills have sprung up, both in the mechanized and handloom versions, offering plenty of career avenues for qualified textile engineering professionals.
Are you looking to take up textile engineering as a career? Read on to know more on eligibility, courses, career prospects, and top institutions available for Textile Engineering in India.
Diploma: (Eligibility: Pass 10th class)
- Diploma in Textile Technology / Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Fabrication Technology & Erection Engineering
B.E / B. tech courses: (Eligibility: 10 + 2 with Chemistry, Physics and Maths as subjects)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Textile Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Textile Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Textile Chemistry
- Bachelor of Technology in Carpet & Textile Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Man Made Fiber Technology
M.E / M. tech courses: (Eligibility: B.E/B.Tech in branches relevant to Textile engineering)
- Master of Technology in Textile Chemistry
- Master of Technology in Textile Technology
- Master of Engineering in Textile Engineering
Options for higher studies are available in various areas such as Textile Science, Management Science, Textile Chemistry, Textile Design, Apparel Technology, Textile Material Research, Manufacturing Technology, Quality Technology and more.