- As a Textile engineering graduate, you can find excellent job opportunities in an assortment of industrial sectors.
- Possible career paths include R&D, technical sales, quality control, process engineering, production control, and corporate management.
- You can find openings in leading textile firms like Bombay Dying, JCT Limited, Lakshmi Machine Works, Arvind Mills, Mysore Silk Factory, among others.
The salary of an entry level textile engineer in the public sector can be in the range of Rs 9,000 to 12,000 per month. In private companies, the starting pay is in the range of Rs 12,000 to Rs 30,000 per month. With more than 2 years of experience, you can get more than Rs 50, 000 per month.
Broad Course Content:
- Textile engineering covers chemical, structural, and computer engineering, among many other fields of engineering.
- A textile engineer is taught to apply various engineering standards to diverse aspects of textile designing including textile machinery, fiber, apparel process etc.
- The course includes an overview on fiber science technology, which is about polymers and the development of new fibers.
- Students also learn about machine control, designs and layout, creation of textile products, wet process designing and many more.