National Centre National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
National Centre National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for appointment of a Scientific Administrative MANAGER for the Animal Care and Resource Center (https://www.ncbs.res.in/research-facilities/acrc) on contractual terms under National Mouse Research Resource (NaMoR) project team.
The applicant will be recruited to help in the management, administration and promotion of various activities and services of the Animal Care Facility and Mouse Genome Engineering Facility. The position provides opportunities to work in a world-class high-barrier animal facility and gain expertise in rodent genetic management and husbandry, molecular engineering and mouse stock repository organisation and maintenance, and overall professional development in a scientifically vibrant environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD degree in relevant field with minimum 2 years of managerial / team leadership experience.
- Proven communication skills: English both spoken and written is essential. Fluency in spoken Kannada is
also highly recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in various molecular biology and micro-biology techniques
- Experience in working with laboratory rodent animals and familiarity with animal welfare regulation is preferred
- Excellent organizational & record keeping skills with good skills in working with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- Good ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- Good ability to take initiatives, and to work both independently and as part of a team
- To oversee and manage the different teams of technicians, animal care takers and animal facility service staff.
- To manage the molecular biology, genotyping and animal microbiological monitoring services of the animal facility.
- Organisation and maintenance of a mouse cryoBank repository
- To assist the animal facility directors in the administrative and financial record keeping and communication with other institutional services and external collaborators.
- Help in organising technical training workshops and other outreach activities
The selected candidates will be required to join immediately. In deserving cases salary will not be constraint for candidates with higher qualification and relevant experience. The Institute reserves the right to relax the age, qualification and experience at its discretion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website ( https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user/register ) using valid email ID ( you must fill personal details and educational details to register the account ).
Step 2: You will receive an email with one time user activation link to your registered email ID.
Step 4: Once you logged in you can apply for job by clicking on "Apply" button in Open Position page.
Step 5: Once you fill in the application you can submit the application by clicking on "Submit" button. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you submit the application.
Application must include an up to date CV and a one page cover letter in which the candidates should describe their professional background and experience, their motivation for applying to this particular position and in which terms they consider to fit for the job requirements.
Applicants can contact Lily: email@example.com if they encounter any application submission issues
Step 6: Once you apply for job successfully, your application form will be available in Applied Job page. (Download Application form using Mozilla Firefox version 38.0 or higher.)
Step 7: Take a Print out of the application form in Applied Job page by clicking “Download” and send the same duly signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of required additional information, Certificates regarding Date of birth, Educational qualifications, Experience certificate etc.
The Last date for receipt of applications: 20th March 2016.