As an automotive engineer you can apply for jobs in both public as well as private sector.
1. Candidates who have earned a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in automobile engineering are hired for designing, testing as well as developing different kinds of vehicles and their components, right from the conceptual stage to the production stage.
2. Automotive engineers are also hired in sectors like electronics, chassis, alternative fuels, rapid prototyping, power trains, aerodynamics, motorsport, ergonomics, supply chain management, emissions, vehicle and pedestrian safety and many more.
Top employers of automobile engineering graduates in India
1. In Private Sector: Bajaj Auto Pvt. Ltd, Apollo Tyres, Ashok Leyland, Hindustan Motors, MRF Ltd, Hero Honda Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai India, Fiat, Audi, Chevrolet, BMW, Mahindra and many more.
2. In Public Sector: BEL, BHEL, GAIL, SAIL, Railways, BSNL, etc.
Private Companies offer better salaries when compared with Government departments. Pay level depends on factors like ability, qualifications and working experience. A fresher can expect a monthly pay somewhere between RS 10,000- Rs 25,000. Based on their skills and academic qualifications, experienced automobile engineers can earn a monthly salary of up to one Lakh.
Broad Course Content:
1. You will be dealing with subjects associated with electronics and control system, engine systems, fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, etc.
2. You will be given through knowledge about all the parameters associated with the designing, developing, manufacturing as well as testing of different sorts of vehicles.
Skills Sets Needed:
To become a skilled automobile engineer, you require qualities like commitment, determination, dedication and hard work. You also need to possess excellent communication skills, good analytical power, practicality, logical thinking, and ability to understand new technical concepts and apply them skillfully.
Top Automobile Engineering Colleges in India:
1. SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET), Cochin
2. PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
3. Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai
4. SRM University, Chennai
5. N.C. College of Engineering, Panipat
6. Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Haryana
7. College of Engineering, Trivandrum
8. Arya Group of Colleges, Jaipur
9. Lingaya’s University Faridabad- Delhi/NCR
10. IIT Hyderabad- Hyderabad